IP Counsel Exchange
Thursday, December 1, 2016
11:05 am - 12:15 pm
140 W 30th St
New York, NY 10001
Barclay Damon, LLP, Partner, Denis J. Sullivan will present "PTAB Litigation Crash Course: A Litigator’s Guide to Obtaining Successful Results at the PTAB" on December 1, 2016 at the IP Counsel Exchange in New York City.
Once engaged in a proceeding at the PTAB counsel must be sure to make note of the venue’s nuanced proceedings. As opposed to federal district court in which experts are permitted to provide live testimony, the procedure for utilizing experts and presenting witnesses in IPRs and other PTAB proceedings is notably different. As such and in order to ensure that key facts are brought to life and the theory of your case is best set out, it is crucial to a successful outcome that you ensure your experts and witnesses are best positioned in depositions and testimony. During this session –
- Gain insights into the best uses of, timing for and initiation of various types of PTAB proceedings
- Strategies for responding to single vs. multiple IPRs
- Learn how to most effectively utilize experts, present witnesses and evidence in PTAB proceedings – scientists, investors, in-house vs. external experts
- Understand the impact PTAB proceedings are having IP litigation ongoing in other venues and how your litigation team should plan adjust your PTAB litigation strategy based on parallel or co-pending litigation in alternate forums (i.e., Federal District Court, ITC, international venues)
- Barclay Damon Partner Jennifer Flannery Appointed Erie County Public Administrator
- Barclay Damon's Flat-Fee Compliance Services Program For Health Care and Human Service Providers
- Attorneys Frances Ciardullo and Kevin Barone Join Barclay Damon
- Getting Rid Of NY State's Income Tax?