Disrupting the System: Innovation and Collaboration in Healthcare in New York
Friday, October 28, 2016
3:20 pm - 4:10 pm
New York State Bar Association
1 Elk Street
Albany, NY 12207
Barclay Damon, LLP, Partner and Health Care & Human Services Co-Chair, Melissa M. Zambri will present “Ethics of Health Information Technology Privacy” On Friday October 28, 2016 for the upcoming New York State Bar Association Health Law Section program “Disrupting the System: Innovation and Collaboration in Healthcare in New York.” The event will be held in Albany, New York.
Event details: The on-going changes in health care reimbursement are demanding that old models of care delivery be disrupted and that we embrace innovation and collaboration among providers throughout the continuum of care to improve access to care, reduce unnecessary utilization, and efficiently address patients’ needs. Even medical-legal partnerships are critical to address patients’ complex health needs and other social determinants of health. This program offers a look at innovative programs that are designed to facilitate access to comprehensive, coordinated care to improve patient satisfaction and clinical outcomes. These innovative programs and the use of the technology necessary to support them do not come without legal barriers and challenges. Our diverse panel of speakers will describe innovative, collaborative initiatives that are disrupting the health care system, and the practical ways to overcome the real and perceived barriers to sustained implementation. This program is relevant for attorneys representing all provider types, health systems, in-house counsel, insurance/payor plans and governmental attorneys involved in health care regulation.
Barclay Damon, LLP, listed as a “Top 250 Firm” by The National Law Journal, is a full-service, 275-attorney law firm, with offices throughout the major cities of New York State and in Toronto, Boston, Washington DC, and Newark. Barclay Damon provides comprehensive legal and business counsel to a diverse client base in 33 practice areas. For more information, visit barclaydamon.com.
- James P. Domagalski a Featured Presenter at Environmental Conference
- Tim Green and Derek Jeter Co-Author "Baseball Genius," Available March 7
- Planning for changes in disabilities law
- Robert Thorpe Joins Barclay Damon’s Syracuse Office
- The Supreme Court Finally Weighs In On The Boundaries Of Copyrightability For Useful Articles
- No Apportionment of Fault Where the State Occupies the “Empty Chair”
- U.S. District Court In Hawaii Issues TRO to Block Second Travel Ban the Day Before it is Set to Take Effect
- New York Appellate Court Holds that Assault Did Not Relieve Insurer of Duty to Defend under Homeowners’ Policy