Harassment Training - Education, Prevention and Investigation: The Trifecta of a Defense
Monday, June 18, 2018
9:00 am - 12:30 pm
HR Benefit Advisors
74 Browns Race, Suite 22
Rochester, New York 14614
We will be covering the recent changes/additions to New York State law concerning sexual harassment, along with changes to the Internal Revenue Code which will impact the settlement of sexual harassment claims by employers and whether the settlement is tax deductible.
This seminar will cover:
- Radical changes to New York State law which will require all employers to modify their harassment policies and conduct mandatory in-person sexual harassment training on a yearly basis;
- What is harassment?;
- Key Training Components;
- Potential Damages;
- Employer Liability; and
- Investigation of Complaints of Harassment.
- Former Labor and Employment Law Chair Brian Culnan Joins Barclay Damon
- Law360: Fiduciary Best Practices Helped NYU Win ERISA Class Action
- Former Summer Associates Charlie Barth and Dena DeFazio Join Barclay Damon
- Tim Green Releases 38th Book, The Big Game, Available Now
- With the Beginning of a New Academic Year, Colleges Must Be Mindful of Students’ Needs for Reasonable Accommodations
- Physician’s Office Fires Back at Patient Who Posted Negative Online Reviews
- The "Internet of Things" Is Primed for a Litigation Explosion: Could It Impact You?
- New York State Issues Draft Model Sexual Harassment Policy, Complaint Form, and Training Materials