Thursday, January 19, 2017
11:30 am - 1:30 pm
Gilroy Kernan & Gilroy
210 Clinton Road
New Hartford, NY 13413
Barclay Damon attorneys Michael J. Sciotti and Ross M. Greenky will present "Family and Medical Leave 101," on Thursday January 19, 2016 from 11:30 a.m.- 1:30 p.m. at GKG University.
The Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) is a federal law that provides eligible employees of covered employers with unpaid, job-protected leave for specified family and medical reasons.
This seminar will review the following FMLA topics:
- Employee Leave Entitlements
- Employee and Employer Rights and Obligations
- Enforcement Mechanisms
- Recordkeeping Requirements & Forms/Notices
Registration is required. Lunch will be served at 11:30 a.m., presentation begins at Noon.
- Tim Green and Derek Jeter Co-Author "Baseball Genius," Available March 7
- Planning for changes in disabilities law
- Robert Thorpe Joins Barclay Damon’s Syracuse Office
- Erika Hauser Joins Barclay Damon’s Albany Office
- U.S. District Court In Hawaii Issues TRO to Block Second Travel Ban the Day Before it is Set to Take Effect
- No Apportionment of Fault Where the State Occupies the “Empty Chair”
- New York Appellate Court Holds that Assault Did Not Relieve Insurer of Duty to Defend under Homeowners’ Policy
- New Cybersecurity Regulations May Apply to Companies that do Business with NYS Chartered Or Licensed Banks, Mortgage Bankers, Insurance Companies and Others