Executive Seminar: The Game Changer: Are You Prepared?
Wednesday, December 10, 2014
8:15 am - 12:30 pm
441 Electronics Parkway
Liverpool, N.Y. 13088
Hiscock & Barclay partner, Michael J. Sciotti teams up with ADP to present this important seminar on how the National Labor Relations Board (NLRB) affects non-union employers.
Many are not aware that the NLRB has jurisdiction over most private sector employers, including those that are not unionized. Recently, the NLRB has become extremely critical of many employer policies and procedures, declaring that they violate Section 7 of the National Labor Relations Act (NLRA). This presentation will review NLRB rulings so private sector employers can audit their employee handbooks to make sure they comply with the NLRA.
Also, being an Employer of Choice is critical in today’s competitive business environment. This seminar will focus on some time sharing best practices around the war on talent along with HCM Strategy. As well, this interactive presentation will encompass how to protect yourself from risk and non-compliance – including the NLRB, handbooks, policy and recent ACA updates.
- Registration & Welcoming with Continental Breakfast: 8:15-8:50
- Topic: 8:50-10:20: "The National Labor Relations Board's War Against Non-Union Employers & Their Employee Handbooks," presented by Michael Sciotti
- Topic: 10:30-11:15: "HCM Strategy -- Becoming an Employer of Choice," presented by Anthony Viscuso
- Closing Comments: 11:15-11:30: Jenk Lagho
- Lunch will be offered for those who would like to stay: 11:30-12:30
- Buffalo Law Journal: Buffalo-Area Law Firms Step Up Diversity Initiatives
- Times Union: Charter Says Cable TV Complaints Are Falling Since Merger
- Barclay Damon Adds Longstanding Partner and Firm-Wide Financial Services Practice Group Leader to Growing NYC Office
- Barclay Damon Attorneys Achieve 100% Pro Bono Participation