Criminal Conviction Inquiries & Background Checks Seminar
Tuesday, November 8, 2016
9:00 am - 10:30 am
Chemung County Chamber of Commerce
400 East Church Street
Elmira, NY 14901
Barclay Damon, LLP, attorney Michael J. Sciotti will present "Criminal Conviction Inquiries & Background Checks" Seminar on Tuesday November 8, 2016.
When most people think of a background check they think of a simple criminal history check. In reality, a background check is much more than that. It’s the process by which you find your best candidate.
This seminar will review the following topics:
- What can employers ask applicants about criminal conviction?
- Review of Article 23-A of the New York State Correction Law
- Ban-the-Box Legislation and Impact on Employers
- Background Check Rules
Registration is $15 and includes light breakfast fare.
- Barclay Damon Welcomes Back Attorney David Glasel
- Buffalo Business First: Meet Emerging Attorney Bridget Steele
- Attorney David Fulvio Joins Barclay Damon
- Attorneys Steve Blow and Alexandra Locke Join Barclay Damon
- Department of Health and Human Services Releases Cybersecurity Guidance and Resources Tailored to Health Industry
- Indemnification Provision in Alarm-Monitoring Contract Valid Despite Unresolved Questions of Fact Regarding Gross Negligence
- NYS Department of Labor Issues New Set of State-Wide Predictable Scheduling Regulations
- A “Radical” Option for Preventing Email Phishing Scams