Criminal Conviction Inquiries & Background Checks Seminar
Tuesday, November 8, 2016
9:00 am - 10:30 am
Chemung County Chamber of Commerce
400 East Church Street
Elmira, NY 14901
Barclay Damon, LLP, attorney Michael J. Sciotti will present "Criminal Conviction Inquiries & Background Checks" Seminar on Tuesday November 8, 2016.
When most people think of a background check they think of a simple criminal history check. In reality, a background check is much more than that. It’s the process by which you find your best candidate.
This seminar will review the following topics:
- What can employers ask applicants about criminal conviction?
- Review of Article 23-A of the New York State Correction Law
- Ban-the-Box Legislation and Impact on Employers
- Background Check Rules
Registration is $15 and includes light breakfast fare.
- Maureen Helmer Quoted in Albany Business Review
- Buffalo Law Journal: Millennials Shake Up the Legal Field
- Eight Barclay Damon Attorneys Selected to 2018 Legal Elite of Western New York
- Linda Clark Chosen to Present at National Pharmacy Conference in Washington DC
- NY Court Holds Claim Against Automobile Insurer Accrued on Date of Insurer’s Denial of Coverage
- NYS Attorney General Issues Guidance on Noncompetition Agreements
- New York State Finalizes Its Guidance on New Sexual Harassment Prevention Laws
- New Massachusetts Law Limits the Scope of Employment Noncompetition Agreements in the State