Criminal Conviction Inquiries & Background Checks Seminar
Tuesday, November 8, 2016
9:00 am - 10:30 am
Chemung County Chamber of Commerce
400 East Church Street
Elmira, NY 14901
Barclay Damon, LLP, attorney Michael J. Sciotti will present "Criminal Conviction Inquiries & Background Checks" Seminar on Tuesday November 8, 2016.
When most people think of a background check they think of a simple criminal history check. In reality, a background check is much more than that. It’s the process by which you find your best candidate.
This seminar will review the following topics:
- What can employers ask applicants about criminal conviction?
- Review of Article 23-A of the New York State Correction Law
- Ban-the-Box Legislation and Impact on Employers
- Background Check Rules
Registration is $15 and includes light breakfast fare.
- John Gutkoski to Moderate at ACI Paragraph IV Disputes Conference
- The Buffalo News: After Maziarz Probe, a Question: What Happened to Campaign Funds?
- Central New York Business Journal: Barclay Damon: Federal Appeals Court Rules in Favor of DeWitt Firm in Infringement Case
- Buffalo Law Journal: Europe's New Data Privacy Rules
- US Department of Labor Releases New Fact Sheet for Higher Ed on Overtime Pay
- The Bipartisan Budget Act of 2018 Reinstates Limits on Medicaid’s Third-Party Rights to Settlement Awards
- Providers Face Uncertainty on Fees for Copying Medical Records
- Federal Communications Commission Approves New Rules Exempting Small Cell Wireless Facilities From NHPA/NEPA Review