Criminal Conviction Inquiries & Background Checks Seminar
Tuesday, November 8, 2016
9:00 am - 10:30 am
Chemung County Chamber of Commerce
400 East Church Street
Elmira, NY 14901
Barclay Damon, LLP, attorney Michael J. Sciotti will present "Criminal Conviction Inquiries & Background Checks" Seminar on Tuesday November 8, 2016.
When most people think of a background check they think of a simple criminal history check. In reality, a background check is much more than that. It’s the process by which you find your best candidate.
This seminar will review the following topics:
- What can employers ask applicants about criminal conviction?
- Review of Article 23-A of the New York State Correction Law
- Ban-the-Box Legislation and Impact on Employers
- Background Check Rules
Registration is $15 and includes light breakfast fare.
- I-Team: Judge sides with city, orders jail beating tape withheld from public view
- Daniela C. Weiss Joins Barclay Damon's Albany Office
- John Cook Elected President of Le Moyne College's Alumni Association Board
- The Honorable John F. Quinn, Former U.S. Congressman and ECC President, Joins Barclay Damon
- Cyber Liability Insurance - Pitfalls in Coverage
- NY Appellate Division Issues Several Decisions as to Liability Insurers’ Denials of Coverage Based on Late Notice of Claims
- General Obligations Law § 5-335 Prohibits Insurer’s Reduction in Disability Benefits
- Health Care Compliance and Responsibilities of Boards of Directors