Advanced Issues in New York Paid Family Leave Law
Wednesday, March 28, 2018
1:00 pm - 3:00 pm
I. New York State Paid Family Leave Act
A. Who is Eligible?
B. Covered Employers
C. Types of Leave
1. What is Family Care?
2. What is a Serious Health Condition?
3. Military Leave
4. Bonding Leave
D. Employer Obligations
1. Right to Reinstatement & Retention of Benefits
2. Health Insurance
3. Employment Poster
4. Employment Policy
F. Benefit Amount
G. Intermittent Use of Paid Family Leave
H. Certification Requirements & Forms
I. Coordination with Other Leave Requirements
J, Record Retention & Notice Requirements for Employers
Benefit summary as follows: The New York State Workers' Compensation Board and Department of Financial Services have issued regulations to provide employers with direction concerning how the Paid Family Leave Act will be implemented. This seminar will review the final regulations and forms which employers will be required to comply with.
- Barclay Damon Attorneys Achieve 100-Percent Pro Bono Participation for Second Year in a Row
- Barclay Damon Welcomes Back Attorney David Glasel
- Buffalo Business First: Meet Emerging Attorney Bridget Steele
- Attorney David Fulvio Joins Barclay Damon
- Medicare Shared Savings Program Version 2.0: Will the Carrot-and-Stick Approach Increase ACO Participation?
- Secondary Drug Wholesalers Get Some Relief in Federal Action Challenging VAWD-Accreditation Standards
- Department of Health and Human Services Releases Cybersecurity Guidance and Resources Tailored to Health Industry
- Indemnification Provision in Alarm-Monitoring Contract Valid Despite Unresolved Questions of Fact Regarding Gross Negligence