Advanced Issues in New York Paid Family Leave Law
Wednesday, March 28, 2018
1:00 pm - 3:00 pm
I. New York State Paid Family Leave Act
A. Who is Eligible?
B. Covered Employers
C. Types of Leave
1. What is Family Care?
2. What is a Serious Health Condition?
3. Military Leave
4. Bonding Leave
D. Employer Obligations
1. Right to Reinstatement & Retention of Benefits
2. Health Insurance
3. Employment Poster
4. Employment Policy
F. Benefit Amount
G. Intermittent Use of Paid Family Leave
H. Certification Requirements & Forms
I. Coordination with Other Leave Requirements
J, Record Retention & Notice Requirements for Employers
Benefit summary as follows: The New York State Workers' Compensation Board and Department of Financial Services have issued regulations to provide employers with direction concerning how the Paid Family Leave Act will be implemented. This seminar will review the final regulations and forms which employers will be required to comply with.
- Mickey Osterreicher Featured in Media Law Resource Center’s MediaLawLetter, “10 Questions to a Media Lawyer”
- Barclay Damon Attorneys Selected to 2018 Massachusetts Super Lawyers List
- Barclay Damon Welcomes Leading Business Succession Planning, Estate Planning, Elder Law, and Special Needs Planning Team From Lacy Katzen
- Maureen Helmer Quoted in Albany Business Review
- NY Court Holds Claim Against Automobile Insurer Accrued on Date of Insurer’s Denial of Coverage
- NYS Attorney General Issues Guidance on Noncompetition Agreements
- New York State Finalizes Its Guidance on New Sexual Harassment Prevention Laws
- New Massachusetts Law Limits the Scope of Employment Noncompetition Agreements in the State