Advanced Issues in New York Paid Family Leave Law
Wednesday, March 28, 2018
1:00 pm - 3:00 pm
I. New York State Paid Family Leave Act
A. Who is Eligible?
B. Covered Employers
C. Types of Leave
1. What is Family Care?
2. What is a Serious Health Condition?
3. Military Leave
4. Bonding Leave
D. Employer Obligations
1. Right to Reinstatement & Retention of Benefits
2. Health Insurance
3. Employment Poster
4. Employment Policy
F. Benefit Amount
G. Intermittent Use of Paid Family Leave
H. Certification Requirements & Forms
I. Coordination with Other Leave Requirements
J, Record Retention & Notice Requirements for Employers
Benefit summary as follows: The New York State Workers' Compensation Board and Department of Financial Services have issued regulations to provide employers with direction concerning how the Paid Family Leave Act will be implemented. This seminar will review the final regulations and forms which employers will be required to comply with.
- Eighty Barclay Damon Attorneys Selected to 2018 NY Super Lawyers and Rising Stars Lists
- Sara Payne Featured on Capital Pressroom Medical Marijuana Episode
- Kelsey Till Thompson Joins Barclay Damon as Associate
- Law 360: A Path to NY's Energy Storage Goal
- Examining Beneficial Ownership and Risk-Based Customer Due Diligence
- NY Federal Judge Rules Male Coach Can Bring a Sex Discrimination Claim Based on Alleged Title IX Violations Affecting a Women’s Sports Program
- Expect Delays in Issuance of Employment Authorization Documents
- NYS Energy Storage Roadmap Technical Conferences Announced