Talent Recruiting Coordinator
Barclay Damon LLP, a leading regional law firm of nearly 300 attorneys that operates from a strategic platform of offices located in the Northeastern United States and Toronto, is seeking a talent recruiting coordinator. The talent recruiting coordinator will work from the firm’s Syracuse, New York, office and will coordinate recruiting and hiring processes for lateral attorneys and summer associates.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Coordinate lateral attorney and law student recruiting and hiring efforts, working with the hiring partner, the practice group director, the diversity partner, and the firm-wide Recruiting Committee.
- Maintain Applicant Tracking Software (ATS) and manage communication process with candidates through ATS. Update ATS information; prepare status reports as needed.
- Maintain heavy email and phone communication with outside recruiters, practice group leaders, practice group chairs, and firm attorneys via email and telephone and in person.
- Track intake of resumes from candidates, placement firms, and referrals.
- Coordinate extensive scheduling, acting as liaison to lateral candidates throughout the interview process, including interface with candidate, travel arrangements, preparation of interview agenda, interview follow up, and tracking and monitoring multiple office interviews simultaneously.
- Coordinate implementation of multiple diversity recruiting initiatives and identify opportunities to expand diversity recruiting efforts.
- Monitor outside recruiter agreements to ensure all agreements are up to date.
- Assist with recruiting, diversity, and retention projects and initiatives as requested by the hiring partner, practice group director, or diversity partner.
- Assist with collection and analysis of data and statistics for participation in surveys, presentations, and other projects.KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Associate’s degree in related field required; bachelor’s degree in related field strongly preferred.
- Experience in a professional office setting, including through internships.
- Experience in managing process recordkeeping, databases, and scanned documents; Applicant Tracking Software experience strongly preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office computer applications.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-volume environment with many competing deadlines.
- Ability to resolve problems in a timely manner and gather and analyze information.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality regarding candidates and firm and recruiting matters.
- Ability to communicate with coworkers, attorneys, management team members, and vendors and other external contacts in a courteous and professional manner.
- Ability to write reports and business correspondence.
- Ability to prioritize, plan work activities, use time efficiently, and develop realistic action plans.
- Ability to adapt to changes in the work environment, manage competing demands, and deal with frequent changes, interruptions, delays, and unexpected events.
- Professional presence and the ability to put others at ease and to serve as an ambassador of the firm.
- Independent worker and self-motivated yet able to work with a team; sense of humor.
- This list is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of essential functions, responsibilities, or requirements.
We offer competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefit package, including medical, dental, vision, 401(k), and much more.
Please include a cover letter and resume when applying.
Practice Group Director
- Corporate Attorney (Buffalo)
- ERISA Attorney
- Corporate Attorney—Senior Associate or Partner (Syracuse)
- Staff Attorney
- Public Finance and Financial Institutions & Lending Senior Associate or Junior Partner (Albany or Syracuse)
- Trust and Estate Attorney (Syracuse)
- Commercial Litigation Attorney (Syracuse)
- Public Finance/Financial Institutions & Lending Associate (Albany)
- Torts & Insurance Staff Attorney
- Public Finance and Financial Institutions & Lending Associate (Albany or Syracuse)
- Real Estate Attorneys (Syracuse)
- Business Attorney (Buffalo)
- IP Litigation Attorney