Marketing Department Intern- Writer
Barclay Damon LLP, listed as a “Top 250 Firm” by The National Law Journal, is a full-service law firm with offices throughout the major cities of New York State and in Toronto, Boston, Washington, DC, and Newark. At 275-lawyers, Barclay Damon provides comprehensive legal and business counsel to a diverse client base in 33 practice areas.
We are currently seeking qualified intern candidates in our Buffalo or Syracuse offices to participate in our unpaid internship program within the Marketing Department. The writer intern will work across multiple practice areas and content development projects assisting in the development of trade advertisements, press releases, attorney announcements, case studies, event invitations, custom marketing materials, pitchbooks, brochures, internal publications, and promotional materials. The intern will also have the opportunity to branch out and work on various other types of marketing requests and projects that may not relate to writing duties.
- Candidates should consider themselves strong marketing thinkers and writers.
- Work closely with the marketing team to create effective, high quality marketing materials.
- Write content for trade ads, press releases, attorney announcements, case studies, event invitations, custom marketing materials, pitchbooks, brochures, internal publications, and promotional materials.
- Edit and proofread marketing materials and RFP responses.
- Review materials to ensure the message quality, format, and content are consistent with firm guidelines.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the evolving PR/marketing landscape (online and traditional media).
- Attend and participate in the weekly marketing department meeting (as scheduling permits).
- Monitor and follow status schedules to keep projects on time.
- Keep manager updated on changes in content requests.
- Strong writing skills with the ability to follow a style guide; preferred proficiency with the Chicago Manual of Style.
- Ability to transform business objectives into high quality written material.
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, Powerpoint).
- Strong grasp of brand standards and editorial quality.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to proofread work.
- Ability to take in and act on constructive criticism.
- Excellent time management skills with ability to juggle multiple priorities and meet deadlines.
- Highly organized, self-starter with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Collaborative, creative, and flexible work style.
- Current student working towards an undergraduate or graduate degree in Marketing, Public Relations, Communications, Journalism or related degree program.
- Undergraduates must be entering or be in junior year or higher.
Internship hours and days are tailored to the individual intern's class schedule, provide college credit, and are unpaid.
We are currently accepting applications for Summer 2018. We will accept applications through March 31, 2018. Qualified applicants should submit a cover letter and resume in to:
Locations: Buffalo or Syracuse
Barclay Damon is an Equal Opportunity Employer. EEO/M/F/V/H
- Corporate Attorney (Buffalo)
- Torts & Insurance Attorney (Elmira)
- Commercial Litigation Attorney (Syracuse)
- Business Attorney (Buffalo)
- IP Litigation Attorney
Summer Associate Positions
No openings at this time.