Marketing Department Intern – Graphic Design
Barclay Damon LLP, listed as a “Top 250 Firm” by The National Law Journal, is a full-service law firm with offices throughout the major cities of New York State and in Toronto, Boston, Washington, DC, and Newark. At nearly 300 lawyers, Barclay Damon provides comprehensive legal and business counsel to a diverse client base in 33 practice areas.
We are currently seeking qualified intern candidates in our Buffalo or Syracuse offices to participate in our paid internship program within the Marketing Department. The graphic design intern will work across multiple practice areas and design projects assisting in the design and production of trade advertisements, event invitations, custom marketing materials, pitchbooks, brochures, internal publications, and promotional materials. The intern will have the opportunity to branch out and work on various marketing requests and projects that may not relate specifically to graphic design duties.
- Candidates should consider themselves strong marketing thinkers and graphic designers.
- Work closely with marketing team to design and produce visually creative marketing materials.
- Create high quality digital and printed materials.
- Design graphics for trade advertisements, event invitations, custom marketing materials, pitchbooks, brochures, internal publications, and promotional materials.
- Review materials so that visual quality, format, content are consistent with firm guidelines.
- Attend and participate in the weekly marketing department meeting (as scheduling permits).
- Monitor and follow status schedules to keep projects on time.
- Keep manager updated on changes in design and development requests.
- Ability to transform business objectives into high quality, creative design concepts.
- Computer Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop) as well as Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, Powerpoint).
- Strong grasp of brand standards and creative quality.
- Working knowledge of layouts, photography and image manipulation, and ad production.
- Strong aesthetic skills.
- Attention to detail and proofing skills.
- Ability to take in and act on constructive criticism.
- Excellent time management skills with ability to juggle multiple priorities across a variety of internal teams and clients, and consistently meet deadlines.
- Highly organized, self-starter with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Collaborative, creative and flexible work style.
- Current student working towards an undergraduate or graduate degree in Graphic Design, Visual Media/Communication, Fine Arts or related degree program.
- Undergraduates must be entering or be in junior year or higher.
Internship hours and days are tailored to the individual intern's class schedule, are paid and provide the option for college credit.
We are currently accepting applications for Summer 2019. We will accept applications through March 31, 2019. Qualified applicants should submit a cover letter and resume in to:
Locations: Buffalo, NY or Syracuse, NY
Barclay Damon is an Equal Opportunity Employer. EEO/M/F/V/H
- Corporate Attorney (Buffalo)
- ERISA Attorney
- Corporate Attorney—Senior Associate or Partner (Syracuse)
- Staff Attorney
- Public Finance and Financial Institutions & Lending Senior Associate or Junior Partner (Albany or Syracuse)
- Trust and Estate Attorney (Syracuse)
- Commercial Litigation Attorney (Syracuse)
- Public Finance/Financial Institutions & Lending Associate (Albany)
- Torts & Insurance Staff Attorney
- Public Finance and Financial Institutions & Lending Associate (Albany or Syracuse)
- Real Estate Attorneys (Syracuse)
- Business Attorney (Buffalo)
- IP Litigation Attorney