Matt Kerwin Earns Pro Bono Service Award
The Onondaga County Bar Association recognized Matthew T. Kerwin, counsel at Barclay Damon LLP, with the Pro Bono Service Award as part of its Law Day ceremonies Thursday.
Kerwin was honored “for his extraordinary volunteer commitment to the Say Yes to Education Legal Clinic, the landlord tenant court project, and his compassionate counsel to the clients he has supported through the pro se divorce clinic,” the Bar Association said in announcing the award.
“Matt’s commitment to our community is a credit to his profession and our firm,” said John Langan, Managing Partner at Barclay Damon. “We could not be more proud.”
Kerwin’s practice areas include Environmental and Land Use. In his practice, he has represented many different individuals and businesses in an array of land use and development matters, with a focus on representing wireless telecommunications providers and tower companies in the acquisition of land use and zoning approvals throughout New York State.
Kerwin is active in the community beyond his pro bono work. He serves as president of the commission of a local Catholic school and coaches one of the school’s youth basketball teams.
Bar Associations around the country mark Law Day at the beginning of May each year. In Onondaga County, this year’s effort was organized by Anne Burak Dotzler, associate at Barclay Damon.
- Fifty-One Barclay Damon Attorneys to Be Featured in the 2019 Best Lawyers in America
- Eighty Barclay Damon Attorneys Selected to 2018 NY Super Lawyers and Rising Stars Lists
- Sara Payne Featured on Capital Pressroom Medical Marijuana Episode
- Kelsey Till Thompson Joins Barclay Damon as Associate
- Examining Beneficial Ownership and Risk-Based Customer Due Diligence
- NY Federal Judge Rules Male Coach Can Bring a Sex Discrimination Claim Based on Alleged Title IX Violations Affecting a Women’s Sports Program
- Expect Delays in Issuance of Employment Authorization Documents
- NYS Energy Storage Roadmap Technical Conferences Announced